Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Check out his blog and read about Michael's recent visit to London Ontario to teach a workshop at the Brush and Palette Club.
Wednesday, December 19, 2018
Nature Art Studio will begin 2019 with an Opening Reception on January 26th and I hope to see you there! (details below) My 2019 Winter Course Schedule follows; and for the many who have requested it, I've included a course in Botanical Watercolour.
For more information please visit 2019 Winter Course Schedule
Gallery Hours: Thursday, Friday and Saturday, 4:00 to 6:00 PM, and by appointment.
2837 Dundas Street West, Toronto M6P 1Y6 NellieSue@NatureArtStudio.ca 416-797-5968
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Education BAC Events Calls for Entries
We are thrilled to introduce the first ever BAC sketchbook exchange.
It is easy to participate in this project, no matter where you live. And by participating in the sketchbook exchange you will possess a unique book containing original art by botanical artists from across Canada.
Participants will be grouped - about 10 to 12 in a group -to exchange sketchbooks among themselves. Each artist will receive a sketchbook. After doing your sketch you pass the book along to the next person in your group, who will, in turn, add their sketch. Each month you will receive a sketchbook, and add a sketch. After a year each participating artist has a sketchbook containing sketches by up to a dozen artists including themselves.
What will it cost? BAC members who want to participate will receive a high quality sketchbook at no cost. You will also receive a mailing list for you group - and you will be expected to pay each month to mail a sketchbook on to the next artist. To keep shipping costs down, you will be provided with sketchbooks which fit the requirements for oversize lettermail shipping. This will ensure that each sketchbook costs under $5 to ship. You will be responsible for shipping a maximum of 12 sketchbooks over the course of the year.
How many sketches will I need to do?
You will do as many sketches as there are artists in your group - no more than 12. You will have one month to do each sketch, and pass the sketchbook along. Your sketches will be unique in each book - you are not expected to repeat a sketch.
BAC is providing sketchbooks, shipped to all participants, free of charge. These custom bound sketchbooks measure 7x10 inches and are filled with 140 lb, cotton watercolour paper in a Hot Pressed finish. This paper is suitable for a wide variety of wet and dry media.
Once participants have signed up…
1) BAC will mail out identical sketchbooks to all participants. Each participant will receive one sketchbook. This is YOUR sketchbook, but over the course of the year, it will travel around, collecting sketches from members all over the country, before returning to you at the end of the exchange.
2) Each month, you will fill one sketchbook page in your current sketchbook. Feel free to express your creativity and personality. Use your choice of media and show us how you prefer to work and what botanical subjects interest you. You are not expected to repeat sketches - every drawing and book will be unique.
3) After completing your sketchbook page each month, mail your sketchbook to the person whose address you have received. You’ll always mail your sketchbook to the same person.
4) You will receive another sketchbook from the previous person in the exchange. This new sketchbook will contain sketches from each of the previous participants. You may find their subjects and techniques inspire and guide you in creating your next sketchbook page.
5) Continue to fill pages and mail sketchbooks until you receive your original sketchbook. Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of your very own sketchbook containing original sketches by amazing botanical artists from across Canada.
How do I sign-up to participate?
Deadline for registration is July 10th, and we invite new members to join for the sketchbook exchange
Send an email to email@example.com expressing your interest in participating and the mailing address you wish to use for this project. Please put Sketchbook as the subject line of your email.
Thank you for joining us in this venture!
Sunday, December 2, 2018
Lee Angold is offering a one day workshop at the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery (KWAG) entitled "Illustrated Greeting Cards: Pinecones in Ink and Coloured Pencil" this Thursday, December 6th from 6-9 PM.
Learn how to draw the captivating spiral structure of pinecones in this evening workshop with botanical artist Lee Angold. You’ll learn a simple step-by-step technique for drawing realistic pinecones, then use ink and coloured pencils to bring your drawing to life.
By the end of the workshop, you will have a finished pinecone illustration on a greeting card to keep or give as a gift to someone special. This workshop is suitable for beginners to botanical art. https://kwag.ca/civicrm/event/info%3Fid%3D207%26reset%3D1