Wednesday, December 13, 2017
BAC Events Exhibitions
We will need members/volunteers by January 20, 2018 to lead activities such as:
- Art Review – lead committee (see below)
- Graphic Design - design invite/e-vite and any printing
- Public Relations & Communications – on-line publicity, send e-vite out to various individuals, organizations, publications, social media, etc.
- Exhibition Sitters – coordinate/schedule sitters for Doors Open Hamilton and May 27th (to confirm)
- Shipping Coordinator – coordinate BAC buddies to accept and shipping back art works from out-of-town/province members
- Installation/De-installation – accept/vet artwork, hang and take down artwork
- May 27th Celebration Reception – plan & manage food & refreshments, etc.
Art Review: Non-Juried Selection Committee
We would like to establish a non-jury selection committee to ensure our exhibition is balanced – consider size of gallery space, variety of subject (e.g. not all trilliums, milkweeds, similar colour).
Please email email@example.com with what exhibition activity you would like to help with. Your support is needed to make the exhibition a SUCCESS!
Tuesday, June 20, 2017
Opportunity to show your work, sell a few cards, teach a few techniques, and promote botanical art and BAC.
BAC member, Susan Filshie, has secured a space at the Toronto Flower Market to promote botanical art. Louise Hill and Gerri Sadoway have participated by helping to man the booth, sharing some framed art, providing reproductions to sell as cards, and talking with visitors about botanical art. If any other members would like to join in please contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-691-7068. The Flower Market runs one Saturday per month until October and is located outdoors at the CAMH Centre at Queen St. W at Shaw St. in Toronto.
Out of town members can send small reproductions, cards and bookmarks. We would like to showcase the breadth of our membership.
The next dates are July 15, August 19, Sept. 9, and Oct. 7. The show opens to the public from 10:00 to 3:00. Minimal cost sharing. See pictures. It is a lovely way to spend a Saturday and so far, no rain. We have had a great response.